Some interesting facts about Cannabis.
1. According to the Columbia History of the World, the earliest woven fiber was made from cannabis.
2. Medicinal use dates back about to the Third Millennium B.C.
3. It is impossible to overdose on cannabis.
4. Cannabis contains special compounds called cannabinoids which mimic the human bodies own cannabinoid neurotransmitters (endocannabinoids).
5. When cannabis was first prohibited at the federal level (Marijuana Tax Stamp Act of 1937), the American Medical Association was not consulted and the attempts of the AMA to rectify the situation were cut short by Harry Anslinger, then the head of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics.
6. Harry Anslinger was not fond of “colored” people. An example? “I wish I could show you what a small marijuana cigarette can do to one of our degenerate Spanish speaking residents.” The man in charge of a huge bureaucracy felt that spanish speaking people were “degenerates”. He also had some colorful (pun intended) remarks about African-Americans.
7. Cannabis has never been the direct cause of one single death in recorded history. Tobacco and alcohol combined claim approximately 500,000 lives each year in the USA.
8. Cannabis is a shamanic plant ally and has been used for spiritual purposes for at least 3 thousand years.